Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nit Picky


Separating all the gear and getting everything weighed down to the ounce. Trying to wean myself of any and all 'irrational exuberance.' Thus, removing tags and cutting the handle off my toothbrush. I swore I would never be that kind of hiker, but here I am, looking at a little too much weight. My base weight(everything minus food/water) is 17lbs. 15oz. I'm trying to figure out how to drop 2-3lbs. If I strap my fleece/sleeping pad to my trekking poles, I could get it down to 15lbs. I love the ingenuity/creativity or just plain craziness of backpackers!

3 comments:

Jake Bramante said...

did that picture just "happen" to pop up on your computer when you snapped it? (you sly dog) :D

jewels said...

sly dog he is.... but my question is does the "irrational exuberance" refer soley to items taken on the PCT or that little lady in the pic? hmmmmm. :)

Unknown said...

Tyler, It's funny to see your bedspread outside of your bedroom.
Have a great trip. Love, Mom