Thursday, March 6, 2008

Health Update

So, the chiropractor has really helped out my hip and back. I still have a little popping in the sternum but for the most part, I've been out hiking about 3mi./day with my pack on. The baby gaiters were broken in yesterday while hiking up Lonepine with Amber. I'm slackin on the endurance and right now, I think she's more qualified for this hike than me. All in all, things are starting to pick up pace and I fly to San Diego, April 21st. There's a host family that will pick me up at the airport, feed me, take me to REI, stay the night and then shuttle me to the trailhead! How awesome is that?--PCT'ers are crazy but there are some good ones out there.


On a side note, I've been volunteering as a fireman at Evergreen for the past 2 months. It's awesome and I've gotten to go on a few fire/medical calls. The people there are great to work with and we've done some training and here's a pix to prove I can don that kevlar suit!